Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Gradual Catching of Breath

Autumn is a great time of year--my favorite. I love the colors, the smells, the cooling temperatures. I love apple cider. I really love apple cider.

It's also been an exciting time of year for me this particular fall. I returned, relatively unscathed, from the trip across Italy and Paris. I'll try to write more about that as time permits. Not long after that, I was down in New Brunswick opening a new Chapter of my Fraternity. And perhaps the biggest change in my life thus far, this weekend my fiancé moved into my apartment with me.

Fortunately, it's a two-bedroom apartment, so we'll have plenty of space. It's an adjustment, and one that is not completely without a bit of turmoil, but it's one worth making.

Now, as my favorite season comes into its own, I can work on the little things. I can build a daily routine; something I've been waiting for quite some time to do. I can rediscover my city. I can upload some pictures of my trip. I can settle into a home that's new, despite my seven months of living there. I can buy some apple cider at the farmer's market. Things can slow, things can settle. Contentment is just over the horizon, and it smells like autumn.

No comments: