Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Alright, Who Didn't Keep Their Fingers Crossed?

Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for meeting with us.

We have thoroughly reviewed your qualifications, and, although excellent, we feel they do not quite fit the position we have in mind at the present time.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in becoming associated with our firm and we regret that this response cannot be more favorable.

We wish you well in locating the opportunity you desire.

Sincerely,

L---- T-----
Recruiting Coordinator


||Well, L----, what can I say? Your company was the most attractive to me of all of them. It was also my first consulting interview ever. I had the energy, but was decidedly lacking in experience. This transition out of academia is tougher than I thought. Fortunately, you have been incredibly polite and kind to me through my interview process with your firm, and I really appreciate that. You've shown me that I was right about the atmosphere of your firm, which sort of makes the sting of this letter a little worse. I would have really liked it there.

No comments: