Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and The Utterly Classless

The Good:

Andrew:

Thanks so much the additional info. Can you come by this Friday afternoon, to meet with other members of the team?

Also, thanks much for your patience. I have been traveling extensively.

All the best,

D--- F----

|| Hooray! A second-round interview! I can't wait 'til Friday.


The Bad:

I got a phone call rejection from a prominent search engine. How nice of them to actually call me.


Completely Classless:

EXCITING FINANCIAL TRAINING PROGRAM FOR RECENT GRADUATES!!!!
Cust#: 0
Internet reply

Dear Andrew Fleming:

Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at [company]. We strive to find the right person for the right opportunity. At this time, we will not be pursuing you as a candidate for the position but would like you to keep [company] in mind for future career opportunities.

We appreciate your interest in [company] and wish you success in your future professional endeavors. We encourage you to stay current on our career opportunities by visiting [company's website].

Kind Regards,
The [company] Recruitment Team

|| Shameful. The email address this came from displayed the following: "****** DELETE, [COMPANY]/731 LEXIN" My mailbox thought it was spam! Oh, and I love how you would like me to keep your company in mind for the future. You turned me down, and you want me to come back asking for more? Most companies have the decency to lie and say they'll keep me in mind, but you won't even trouble yourself with that one. No, you want me to keep you in mind, to regularly check your website just in case there's a chance I might be of some use to you. I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your recent posts are strangely reminiscent of a great book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie...have you read it? It's quite good.