Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Blue Skies

An old friend came to visit last weekend. We met at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Seattle way back in January 2003. I was the only student from MTU there, and didn't know anyone else. She was visiting from Sweden, and hadn't really met anyone else. We hung out together at the conference, and went out around Seattle exploring in the evenings. It was a great trip, and meeting such a good friend made it that much more enjoyable.

Last weekend, she, and two other friends (both Canadian) came to stay at my apartment. They were here for the U2 concert on Monday night, but they came for the whole weekend to see New York. We did the tourist thing, walking around the Battery and up through Chinatown and Little Italy. We went dancing, we went to the Met (the museum, not the opera), we walked through Central Park. It was raining most of the time, and a little cold, but such a wonderful weekend. I so love this city, and to run around with people who haven't spent much time here is fantastic. They were the perfect guests, (which simply means they didn't get me up too early in the mornings!) and we all had a great time. I feel like I've grown much closer to one friend, and made two more.

For your viewing pleasure, I refer you to their pictures of the weekend here, here, and here.

When they left, it rained for eight continuous days.

But since then, everything has looked up. The weather has been beautiful, in the 60's and sunny. I wrote a telescope proposal to get back to the mountains (it's been far too long). I've just been smiling a whole lot more lately. Someone's been helping with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! The pictures are great, you look so happy! It's a good look on you. Peace.

Anonymous said...

"Someone's been helping with that"? How is it that I see you as much as I do, but feel like I've been left out of the loop again? = P